Have you just been dumped by a narcissist? If so, you are not alone. Narcissists often discard their partners in a way that is cold and heartless. It can be very difficult to cope with being dumped by someone who was once your whole world. In this blog post, we will discuss the narcissistic discard and offer some tips on how to cope after being dumped by a narcissist.
What Is Narcissistic Discard?
When a narcissist decides to cut ties with someone, it’s known as narcissistic discard. This might happen after the narcissist has been dominating and exploiting the individual for a lengthy time period or suddenly and without warning. The narcissist will often discard the person in a very cruel and heartless way, without any regard for their feelings or wellbeing.
Narcissistic discard can be absolutely devastating, leaving the victim feeling confused, hurt, and rejected.
If you’ve been discarded by a narcissist, it’s important to understand that it’s not about you. The narcissist is simply moving on to someone else who they can dominate and control.
Reasons for Narcissistic Discard
There are multiple reasons why a narcissist can discard someone. Here are some of the most common reasons:
- You became a nuisance to them when you were no longer useful
- You became a threat to their ego because you dared to challenge them.
- They found someone new who was a better source of supply
- They got bored with you
- Your behavior triggered their own insecurities
- You weren’t meeting all of their needs
- You weren’t obedient enough
- They felt like they could never truly control you
These are just a few of the reasons that a narcissist may discard someone. If you have been discarded by a narcissist, it’s important to remember that it is not personal. Narcissists do not value other people as individuals, so their decision to discard you says nothing about who you are as a person. It is simply a reflection of their own ego and needs for control.
Narcissists Discard Impact on Mental Health
When a narcissist discards you, it can have a devastating effect on your mental health. You may feel like you’ve been punched in the gut, or like you can’t breathe. The pain is real and intense.
The narcissist’s discard can also trigger feelings of anxiety and depression. You may feel like you’re not good enough, or that you will never find someone else. These feelings are normal, and they will pass with time.
You should also know that you are not alone. There are millions of people who have been discarded by a narcissist, and many of them have gone on to lead happy and fulfilling lives.
The discard can also be a very confusing time. If you were in love with the narcissist, it’s normal to feel like you miss them and want them back. But it’s important to remember that they only ever saw you as an object to be used and abused. They never truly loved or respected you.
If you’re struggling after being discarded, please reach out for help. There are many resources available, and you don’t have to go through this alone. Remember, the pain will eventually fade, and you will be okay.
How to Cope with Narcissist Discard?
Here are some tips on how to cope after being discarded by a narcissist:
- Give yourself time to grieve: It is important to allow yourself time to grieve the loss of the relationship. This can be a difficult and painful process, but it is necessary in order to move on.
- Talk to a therapist: Talking to a therapist can be extremely helpful. They can help you understand what happened in the relationship and why it ended. They can also provide support and guidance as you heal from the pain of the breakup.
- Reach out to friends and family: Friends and family can be a great source of support during this difficult time. Lean on them for emotional guidance and stability.
- Focus on self-care: It is important to take care of yourself both physically and emotionally after a breakup. Be sure to eat healthy, exercise, get plenty of sleep, and find time for activities that make you happy.
By following these tips, you can begin to heal after being discarded by a narcissist. Remember, it takes time and effort, but it is possible to move on and have a healthy, happy life.
If you or someone you know is in a relationship with a narcissist, please seek professional help. Narcissistic abuse can be incredibly damaging and destructive. There are many resources available to help victims of narcissistic abuse recover and heal.
If you have been discarded by a narcissist, it is important to give yourself time to grieve and heal. Talk to a therapist for support and guidance, reach out to friends and family, and focus on self-care. Allow yourself the time you need to recover before moving on.
In conclusion, being discarded by a narcissist can be a very painful and difficult experience. However, it is important to remember that you are not alone and there are people who understand what you are going through.
There are also many resources available to help you heal and move on. With time, patience, and effort, you will be able to get through this difficult period in your life
Thank you for reading!
A Word From Therapy Mantra
Your mental health — Your psychological, emotional, and social well-being — has an impact on every aspect of your life. Positive mental health essentially allows you to effectively deal with life’s everyday challenges.
At TherapyMantra, we have a team of therapists who provide affordable online therapy to assist you with issues such as depression, anxiety, stress, workplace Issues, addiction, relationship, OCD, LGBTQ, and PTSD. You can book a free therapy or download our free Android or iOS app.