If you are feeling like your Lexapro dosage is no longer working effectively, it may be time to consider increasing your dose. However, this should only be done under the guidance and supervision of a healthcare professional. In this article, we will discuss how to safely and effectively increase your Lexapro dosage.
What Is Lexapro?
Lexapro is a medication that is used to treat depression and anxiety. It is in a class of medications called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). SSRIs work by increasing the amount of serotonin, a chemical in the brain, that is available. Increasing your Lexapro dosage can be an effective way to improve your symptoms. However, it is important to do so safely and effectively.
Dosage Of Lexapro
Most people find that the starting dose of Lexapro is effective in treating their anxiety or depression. However, if your symptoms are not relieved after taking the recommended dose for a period of four to six weeks, you may need to increase your dosage. Before increasing your dosage, however, it is important to consult with your doctor to make sure that doing so is safe for you.
There are several factors that can influence how much Lexapro you need in order to get relief from your symptoms. Your age, weight, and general health all play a role in determining how much of the drug is right for you. In addition, the severity of your condition and how well you respond to treatment also affect the dosage you need.
How To Increase Your Lexapro Dosage?
If your doctor agrees that increasing your dosage is the best course of action for you, there are a few things you can do to make the process as safe and effective as possible. Remember to take all of the medication, even if you start feeling better. Don’t stop taking it just because you feel better. Also, make sure to keep track of how much medication you’re taking and when you need to refill your prescription.
- First, always take Lexapro exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not increase or decrease your dose without consulting with your physician first.
- Secondly, it is important to start at a low dose when increasing your dosage and then gradually increase it over time. This helps minimize any potential side effects and allows your body to adjust to the new dose gradually. Finally, be sure to keep track of how you feel both while taking the increased dosage and after stopping treatment so that you can report any problems to your doctor.
- Taken together, these steps can help you safely and effectively increase your Lexapro dosage. If you are struggling with anxiety or depression and have not seen improvement after taking the recommended dose, speak to your doctor about increasing your dosage. This might help you feel better.
How Does It Affect The Patient?
The patient is more likely to experience remission of symptoms.
If the doctor monitors your progress, he might need to increase your dosage. This will make it more likely that you have different or bad effects. The most common side effects are nausea, diarrhea, dry mouth, and somnolence. Lexapro is a medicine that helps you feel better. People taking Lexapro need to tell the doctor about all other medicines they are taking, even those bought without a prescription.
Patients should continue their antidepressant medication even if they feel well. Partial response rates have been found with antidepressants and discontinuation increases the risk of relapse. Patients who do not respond to one antidepressant have a reasonable chance of responding to another.
Positive Impact Of Increasing Your Lexapro Dosage
If you are struggling with anxiety or depression and have not seen improvement after taking the recommended dose, speak to your doctor about increasing your dosage. This might help you feel better.
- Your doctor can help you safely and effectively increase your Lexapro dosage if he feels it is necessary.
- Increasing your dosage gradually can minimize side effects and allow your body to adjust to the new dose over time.
- Keeping track of how you feel both while taking the increased dosage and after stopping treatment can help you report any problems to your doctor.
Negative Impact Of Increasing Your Lexapro Dosage
If you increase your Lexapro dosage without consulting with your doctor, you might experience unwanted side effects.
- Increasing your dosage too quickly can also be unsafe and ineffective.
- It is important to keep track of how much medication you are taking and when you need to refill your prescription. This will help ensure that you are taking the correct dose.
- Stopping treatment just because you feel better can be dangerous and lead to a relapse in symptoms.
- Lexapro should only be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not change the dose or frequency of use without first consulting with a medical professional.
If you are considering increasing your Lexapro dosage, here is what to consider. If you have been taking Lexapro for a while and it has been working well for you, but now you feel like it is not working as well, you may want to increase your dose. You should also talk with your doctor about how long before they will want to see if this adjustment was effective or not. You can take a higher dose of this type of drug to help you feel better. If you take the medication regularly, it may help your depression and anxiety. It helps a lot in many people. Make sure that when deciding whether or not an increased dosage would make sense for you, consult with a trusted medical professional first!
A Word From Therapy Mantra
Your mental health — Your psychological, emotional, and social well-being — has an impact on every aspect of your life. Positive mental health essentially allows you to effectively deal with life’s everyday challenges.
At TherapyMantra, we have a team of therapists who provide affordable online therapy to assist you with issues such as depression, anxiety, stress, workplace Issues, addiction, relationship, OCD, LGBTQ, and PTSD. You can book a free therapy or download our free Android or iOS app.