Do you ever feel like anxiety is ruling your life? That you can’t escape the negative thoughts that seem to plague you every day? If so, you’re not alone. Anxiety disorders are one of the most common mental health conditions in the world. But did you know that there are things you can do to help rewire your brain and improve your mood? One of those things is using positive affirmations for anxiety. In this blog post, we will discuss what positive affirmations are, how they work, and provide a list of affirmations specifically for anxiety sufferers.
What Are Positive Affirmations?
In the simplest and most literal terms, positive affirmations are statements that affirm something to be true. It is not a strange concept. You might catch yourself nervous before a big event and try to calm yourself by saying, “I can do this.” That is a form of positive affirmation.
Positive affirmations are meant to be repeated frequently, either out loud or in your head, until you start to believe them. And the more you repeat them, the more likely you are to believe them.
The concept of positive affirmations is based on the idea of self-fulfilling prophecies. A self-fulfilling prophecy is a belief that comes true because you believe it will. It is the idea that your thoughts and beliefs shape your reality.
For people with anxiety issues, negative self-talk is common. This negative self-talk can reinforce anxiety and make it worse. But if you start to repeat positive affirmations, it can help break the cycle of negative thinking and anxiety. Positive affirmations for anxiety also work by changing your thought patterns. When you repeat positive affirmations, you are essentially retraining your brain to think more positively.
75 Positive Affirmations for Anxiety
Below is a list of 75 positive affirmations specifically for anxiety sufferers. Repeat these to yourself as often as possible, preferably out loud, and further really believe what you are saying.
- I am in control of my thoughts and emotions.
- I am safe.
- I am calm and relaxed.
- Anxiety does not control me.
- I am confident and capable.
- I am worthy of love and happiness.
- I am surrounded by people who support and care for me.
- My mind is at ease.
- I can handle whatever comes my way.
- I am strong enough to overcome this.
- There are actions I can take to feel less anxious
- I will not let my anxiety stop me from living my life.
- I refuse to be a prisoner of my anxiety.
- My anxiety does not define me.
- I am free from the chains of anxiety.
- This too shall pass.
- I breathe in peace and exhale worry.
- My future is filled with so many possibilities.
- Anxiety does not have to control my life.
- Being unique is my strength.
- I don’t fear people’s judgment.
- I fully embrace who I am.
- I can perceive any situation positively.
- I don’t dwell on the negatives.
- I can rise to the challenge.
- Today will be a good day.
- I will let the worries go.
- I can overcome any problem that comes my way.
- I’m feeling anxious, but so what? I know what that feels like and I’ll get through it.
- Anxiety isn’t dangerous. I’m just uncomfortable.
- I can manage my worries around failure and achieve my goals in spite of them.
- I extend the same kindness to myself that I show my loved ones.
- I can manage feelings of panic and regain my calm.
- I feel stressed, but it will pass.
- It’s only a thought, and a thought can be changed.
- It is safe for me to speak up for myself.
- The past is over.
- Whatever I need to know is revealed to me at exactly the right time.
- What I give out comes back to me. Today I choose to give love.
- As I say yes to life, life says yes to me.
- Deep at the center of my being is an infinite well of love.
- Wherever I go, I am well.
- My body is my ally.
- I choose to see the beauty in my surroundings.
- My happy thoughts help create a healthy body.
- I choose to see the beauty in my surroundings.
- I have the power to change how I feel.
- My mind is clearing and I am in control.
- It’s okay. Everything will be fine.
- The air I’m breathing in is making me feel calmer.
- I got this
- Nobody can help me achieve peace but me.
- Nothing can disrupt my peace.
- Every cell in my body has a positive vibration.
- Things are getting easier.
- Harmony and peace surround me.
- All is well in my world.
- With each new breath, I inhale strength and exhale fear.
- There are no mistakes, only lessons to be learned.
- Brighter days are ahead.
- As I say yes to life, life says yes to me.
- My past experiences can’t stop me from succeeding in future.
- I’ll succeed by following one step at a time.
- I’m okay right now because life wants the best for me I’m capable of persevering and remaining strong.
- I’ll make it happen.
- I value my mental health as much as my physical health.
- There are people out there who understand what I am going through.
- I have coping skills to get through this.
- My negative thoughts can be changed to positive ones.
- It is okay for me to not feel okay.
- I am thankful for the positive things in my life.
- My feelings are valid.
- When it’s over, I’ll be proud of myself.
- I am not ashamed of having anxiety.
- I take care of myself even when it is difficult to do.
So there you have it! Of course, these are just a few examples from all of the great positive affirmations for anxiety out there. If you’re looking for more, a quick Google search will give you plenty of options to choose from. Remember, the key is to find affirmations that resonate with you and that you can say with conviction. The more often you say them, the more likely you are to believe them—and the more likely they are to help you find peace in your life. So don’t be afraid to get started today!
You can also work towards creating your own affirmations. The only requirement is that they be positive, present-tense statements about yourself. For example, “I am a confident person” or “I am worthy of love and respect.” Just remember to keep them realistic—it won’t help if you tell yourself something you don’t actually believe! With a little bit of effort, you can begin to retrain your brain to focus on the positive, further helping you to find more peace and happiness in your life.
How Do Positive Affirmations For Anxiety Work?
Positive affirmations as a concept have recently gained popularity as a way to improve mental health, but the idea is not a new one. The basic premise is that by repeating certain phrases or statements to yourself, you can change your mindset and also to improve your mood. This is because when you say something enough times, it becomes ingrained in your subconscious mind. So, if you’re constantly telling yourself positive things, your brain will start to believe them and you will begin to see improvements in your mood and outlook on life.
In order for positive affirmations to work, it is important that they are said with conviction. This means that you should not just recite them mindlessly, but really believe what you are saying. When you do this, your brain will start to believe the affirmations as well and make changes accordingly.
It is also believed to alter the brain’s chemistry. When you say positive affirmations, it has been shown to increase levels of serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that is responsible for regulating mood. So, by increasing levels of serotonin, you can help improve your mood and reduce anxiety.
What Are The Additional Benefits?
While we learned about the positives of positive affirmations for anxiety, there is a pool of additional benefits that come with reciting affirmations daily. Some of those benefits are:
- You’ll start to see the good in people and situations more
- You’ll find it easier to be grateful for what you have
- It helps you focus on your goals
- Your self-esteem will increase
- You’ll be able to better deal with stress and anxiety
- You’ll become more optimistic
Moreover, anxiety is just one of the many mental health issues that can be helped by positive affirmations. If you suffer from other conditions, know that you can also use affirmations to help you cope. The flow of positive affirmations can be directed to different areas of your life. If you want to improve your relationships, for example, you can create affirmations that focus on manifesting more love and understanding in your interactions. The other areas of improvement or conditions that can be helped by affirmations are:
- Low self-esteem
- Negative thinking
- Poor body image
- Eating disorders
- Stressful life events
- Relationship problems
As you can see, the benefits of positive affirmations go beyond just alleviating anxiety. If you’re looking to improve your mental as well as emotional well-being, why not give affirmations a try? It also extends its power beyond the mental health realm and also helps with:
- Physical health: Boosting your immune system, recovering from an injury or surgery, managing a chronic illness
- Career: Getting a promotion, nailing a job interview, developing better work relationships
- Personal growth: Becoming more patient, overcoming procrastination, becoming more organized
Positive affirmations work by slowly reprogramming your brain to focus on the positive. Every time you recite an affirmation, you’re planting a seed in your mind. With enough repetition, that seed will grow and blossom into a full-fledged belief system. From there, it’s only a matter of time before you start seeing positive changes in your life.
How To Practice Positive Affirmations for Anxiety?
Now that we are more familiar with how positive affirmations work, let’s discuss how to use them for anxiety relief.
- The first step is to choose which affirmation or affirmations you would like to use. As we mentioned earlier, it is important that the affirmations you choose resonate with you and that you can say them with conviction.
- Once you have chosen your affirmation or affirmations, the next step is to start repeating them to yourself.
- You can say them out loud or in your head, whichever you feel more comfortable with. The important thing is to say them often—the more you repeat them, the more likely you are to believe them. You can also write them down and post them somewhere visible as a reminder to yourself. It can be helpful to carry a list of affirmations with you and read them when you are feeling anxious.
- Some people find it helpful to create affirmations specifically for their anxiety. If you have trouble coming up with your own affirmations, there are many lists of positive affirmations for anxiety online that you can use. Just remember to choose ones that resonate with you and that you can also say with conviction.
The key to making positive affirmations work is to repeat them often. The more you say them, the more likely you are to believe them. So don’t be afraid to get started today! You might be surprised at how much of a difference they can make in your life.
In conclusion, positive affirmations for anxiety are a helpful tool that can be used to reduce anxiety and improve mental health. If you are looking for a way to reduce stress and find more peace in your life, consider using positive affirmations. It is essential to find a positive affirmation that works for you and to use it regularly. With time and practice, you can rewire your brain for happiness and peace.
If you or someone you know is looking for psychological help, Therapy Mantra is here for you. We are the leading providers of online therapy and counseling. Our team of highly trained and experienced therapists can provide assistance at the most affordable rates. Contact us today to learn more about our services. You may also visit our website to book an online therapy session or download our free Android or iOS app for more information.